Monday, January 23, 2012

2nd Grade Cut Paper Still-Life


One evening, I was struck by the most beautiful project I have seen in a long, long time. I found it while browsing around Pinterest. I was so struck by the magnificent colors that I knew I had to give it a try with my 2nd graders. My students painted two pieces of paper during the first week of production: one in cool colors and another making tints and shades of orange.


The next week, we worked on adding texture to construction paper and cutting out pitchers. We also ripped the edges off our cool papers to give them the look of soft fabric. The most challenging aspect was putting together the oranges, but the kids stuck it out and did their best. I love how the overlapped paper creates a modeled appearance!



I'm so thankful that I found this project idea and must give full credit to the originator, Mrs. Crosbie:

2 comments:

Thank you for leaving your comments! They are greatly appreciated!!