Monday, March 11, 2013

Kindergarten My Favorite Color Collage



I am so proud of these abstract pieces created by my Kindergartners! They were a huge hit at the art show last week.
During week one, students stamped lots of tools (yogurt lids, glue tops, Legos, etc.) with black paint onto white paper. I really had to emphasize being careful and not going too wild with the paint (no scraping).
During week two, we reviewed what a collage is all about and each child chose a piece of paper in their favorite color. I was so excited each time someone said a color other than blue and red since those two were the most popular! Using scissors, I asked them to chop up the paper any way they chose! Here are our stunning results!

(that speck of green in this one is killer!)







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comments! They are greatly appreciated!!