Friday, August 9, 2013

Back to School Bulletin Boards

Bulletin boards, bulletin boards, bulletin boards!!! My, how they can be so overwhelming! 
As I did last year, I wanted to share some ideas with my fellow blog followers in hopes it might make your life a little easier. I am really trying hard not to reinvent the wheel each new school year, so I've taken bits and pieces from past boards (that I have saved) and tried to re-purpose them. Many of the quotes and lingo that you will see have been inspired by Pinterest finds. 
You may recognize the rainbow above from last years bulletin board, Paint Your Own Rainbow. I spent so much time painting it, I couldn't toss it out and I'm glad I didn't. I really try to cultivate a spirit of self-confidence in my room as you might have guessed! In Art: we try our best, we never give up, we encourage one another, we think positive! I'm happy that these little mottos also link back to and reflect our classroom rules. 

This quote was taken from a Pinterest find. I literally painted the words on large 18x24 manila paper "placemats" that we use to protect the tables. Glad I stumbled on those mats in a random drawer :)

The class motto we live by in my room: "there are no mistakes in art." Even the principal of my school knows this one! And so do the kids. I love it when I can hear them repeating this to one another in encouragement. This signage was kept from a bulletin board I created at least 4 years ago and I'm happy to reuse it.

An easy one to do if you have space to fill up.....SDC (insert school name or initials) students make the world a more colorful place! Reused from last year......I just relocated it from the display cases near my classroom to the ones in the main hallway. I don't think anyone noticed it's a repeat! 

This quote came from Pinterest. I cut letters from an old book, added a poster of children making art and included some signage I made in the past---Signs of a Great Artist: works slowly, uses the art materials carefully, never gives up, thinks originally and uses art supplies wisely.


2 comments:

  1. Wow, I only had to do one! These all look great, and I too love the look of the Manila painting mats after they have layers of color on them:) have a fantastic new year

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you don't mind. I posted a link to this blog post on my blog for art bulletin boards. jan

    http://bulletinboardstoremember.blogspot.com/2013/08/art-makes-children-powerful.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments! They are greatly appreciated!!