Thursday, June 26, 2014

Ice Cream Sundaes Sub Lesson Plan K-2

This is a nice lesson to leave for a sub who will be working with young students in the art room. The subject matter is very appealing! Who doesn't love ice cream?! I had my Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd grade classes complete this drawing on a day while I was away. The kids worked on 12x18 paper. First they drew with pencil, and then had the option of tracing the drawing with a Sharpie. Crayons were used to add color. I did ask the substitute to draw a large letter "U" in the center of each paper just to get the kids going in the right direction size-wise. This was very beneficial! The background can be done at each student's discretion - paints can even be used during a later class (as many wanted to do when I returned).

The idea for this sub plan came from Blue Tadpole Studio

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comments! They are greatly appreciated!!