Monday, August 17, 2015

Back to School Bulletin Boards 2015-2016

The new school year is off to a start and as I have done in years past, I will share my back-to-school bulletin boards below. I never would have thought I'd be displaying a board about "the selfie" but it was really fun to put together. I saw a few ideas I liked on Pinterest, but settled for a simple word bubble with a question for the kids to think about as they pass by it each day. It was a lot of fun to find these artist self-portraits (mesmerizing, actually) and I may keep this going throughout the year and just swap them out from time to time. 
 I have a really large board directly outside my classroom door and always like to put up a simple statement. I was sorta going somewhere else with this initially, but I'm pleased with the way it turned out. It's simple and has a positive meaning. To give you a size reference, I cut all the letters from 18x24 paper.
I love using the yellow paper for my boards outside and inside my room - it's bright and cheery (I think I use it every year). I made these posters several years ago and the kids really like them. We refer to them constantly.
And then a few views around the room......
I like to keep the rules simple: 1. Do your personal best  2. Make good choices. The golden rule: Take care of yourself. 
I use the construction paper (with clothespins attached) to display the projects we are working on per grade level. Sometimes I'll just hang up words for our projects instead of samples. For instance, sculpture, weaving, clay. I'm leaning towards the latter (nine times out of ten) so as to keep the kiddos from getting stuck in the weeds thinking their work needs to mimic mine. 
I hope you have a great year at your school too! 

1 comment:

  1. I love your color family portrait posters! I have en enormous bulletin board right outside my room and I always struggle to decorate it as well. This year and last I had the kids create a small shape on the first day and I stapled em' all up there to create a collaborative design. It has been a hit and saved me from doing all the work! Hope your year is great :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments! They are greatly appreciated!!