Tuesday, April 10, 2012

1st grade Woven Creatures


My 1st grade students just completed these funny creatures. For this project, we spent the first week weaving colorful strips of paper (paintings that I cut into pieces) into construction paper. The following week, I showed my teacher sample and told the kids they were going to make any kind of creature they could imagine using the collage technique (the look on their faces when they saw mine was priceless!!) I didn't want to demonstrate too much because I thought that would stifle their creativity, so I just showed a few tricks on making symmetrical shapes or how to fold a piece of paper so you get two of the same shape. Some students went the robot direction while others made a monster or animal. I think they all turned out pretty charming and I hope you do too!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comments! They are greatly appreciated!!