Thursday, June 7, 2012

More Kindergarten Butterflies





This will more than likely be my last post for the summer. A while ago, I posted about some beautiful butterflies that one of my classes drew and painted near the end of the school year. During the last week of school, one of my Kindergarten classes was able to put together these Eric Carle inspired butterflies using a collage method. The instructions came from a tutorial purchased from Deep Space Sparkle.
Prior to cutting out and putting the shapes together, the kids used texture plates on pieces of 12x18 paper. Then I handed out watered down tempera paints in either warm or cool colors (students chose what color family they wished to paint). Pressed for time, I ended up tracing the wings and body onto the paper for the students so all they had to do was cut and assemble. They were responsible for cutting out the antennae from the remaining scrap. The pieces were glued onto cream colored board. I just love them :)


I have another thought to share before I leave and that is how wonderful it is to be a part of the art education blogging community. It is unbelievable to me how many great ideas I am able to gather from such other talented and experienced art teachers from around the country and even the world. As you can see over the course of the year, I have shared many posts where original inspiration came from another source. I am grateful to be able to infuse my own teaching with such amazing lesson ideas!! I think it proves to the world that we are doing far more than just finger painting! Through art education, we are able to give our students knowledge and skills that will enhance their learning throughout school. I am so proud to be an art teacher!






Happy Summer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comments! They are greatly appreciated!!