Monday, August 6, 2012

Summer Vacation

I was very fortunate to spend the weeks of summer with my little family in the state of Maryland. Being in close vicinity of D.C. and New York, I was able to tour the Guggenheim museum as well as the National Gallery of Art. And I am also proud to say I saw the fireworks from our nation's capital!! All in all, it was a great summer with lots of relaxation and site seeing.
I didn't have quite the amount of time I would have liked to have had to work on my own personal art, but when we got home, I did get to put together some projects that I had been eyeing on Pinterest :) I love that website so much.....great inspiration for sure...and if you aren't too careful, a real time muncher!

A chevron painting inspired by a print. It took quite a bit of obsession before I completely comprehended the whole pattern!

Yummy Jell-O Sky Cups for Phoebe's buddies at daycare. Really easy to make too!

Fun with re-positionable vinyl letters....

Negative space painting with magazine collage underneath....


2 comments:

  1. I love that chevron painting. I saw something like that on pinterest a few days ago. The colors on yours are even better though.

    Just thought I would stop by and say hello. I like your blog title because I too have art in a big green room. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen!
    Thank you so much for your compliments :) I enjoyed seeing the green in your room, so fun! It's such a perfect color for the kiddos :) Count me in as one of your blog followers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments! They are greatly appreciated!!