Saturday, August 11, 2012

Back to School Bulletin Boards, My Room and the Jitters!!

I thought I would take a moment to share some of the work I've been up to getting my classroom ready for the2012-2013 school year. While I'm (of course) very excited, it is also a very stressful time. After all these years, I still have anxiety about the first day of school and wonder how my year will go.......


Before summer vacation, I freshened up the top portion of the cabinets in my room with a cheery color called New Green. During our pre-planning this past week, I decided to paint the bottom in a darker color called Mint Sprig. I love the look of the two tones and I have to admit, I'm a fan of any & all paint color names!! It's so fun to read them and think about the feelings they invoke :)

Now on to bulletin boards.....let's see....I have six of them total, with two of them being in my room. Here are a few of them for you. Our school's theme this year is: Building the Future, hence the design you'll see here:




The idea for this hallway bulletin board just came to me one day.....and I'm so pleased with it! You can probably tell by now that I am a big fan of brown kraft paper. 


And last, but not least (for now), one of my classroom bulletin boards. I wish I could say I came up with this fancy idea, but I took inspiration from another teacher's work: 


And there you have it, just a little preview of what's happening inside the big green room!


2 comments:

  1. Looks great! Green is my favorite color. Have a great first week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) wow..those are some green cabinets! :) I have a green room..but my walls. Kind of the darker green of a crayola box.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments! They are greatly appreciated!!