Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Kindergarten Bubblegum Machines & Seascapes

I have an affinity for teaching Kindergarten. I remember a time when I panicked at the thought of teaching 5 year olds.....but that has changed. At this point, after nine years of teaching art, I can truly say I am addicted to teaching Art to Kindergartners. It is so magical to me! Of course, there are always challenges, but I enjoy coming up with fun ideas for them! Here are two projects we tried out recently, both measuring in at 12x18 (yes, I like working BIG with them ).


The collage method has really worked out well this year with this group of Kinders, so I have been incorporating a lot of paper and paint into our projects! Please feel free to ask specifics about these assignments.
Oh, and I found that a 1.5" circle punch from Michael's comes in super handy for making lots of gumballs - I double up 2" wide paper strips and cut as many as I can across the paper strip (about 6 or 7 for a total of 12 or 14)......




Coming up next: Japanese Koi fish ponds and vegetable garden collages........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comments! They are greatly appreciated!!